What is the difference between a
bad BHAG and a good BHAG?
Bad BHAGs are set with bravado;
good BHAGs are set with understanding. Indeed, when
you combine quiet understanding of the three circles with
the audacity of a BHAG you get a powerful, almost magical
Five criteria of
a good BHAG:
- Are set with understanding, not bravado.
- Fit squarely in the three circles of
your Hedgehog Concept.
- Have a long time frame10 to 30
- Are clear, compelling and easy to grasp.
- Directly reflect your core values and
The Mars group can ensure
that you have a good BHAG, not
a bad BHAG.